November is Rotary Foundation Month
Our Rotary Family
||Jennifer Shumway (Bowler)
ROTARY CLUB OF
Fridays, 7:15 am
Le Méridien Atlanta Perimeter
111 Perimeter Center West
Atlanta, GA , GA 30346
Happy Thanksgiving ... and a Little Bit More
There is no meeting this Friday; we hope you all have a Happy Thanksgiving weekend with loved ones and friends. As you do, know that thanks in part to our donation of turkeys, stuffing, yams and gravy, 90 families in need from Kingsley Elementary received Thanksgiving food baskets (including everything for a Thanksgiving meal and food for the week).
As you enjoy your holiday, a few things to think about:
- Our Global Scholar - Hinako Unno from Japan - would like to spend time with Dunwoody Rotarians during the holidays - starting when school lets out around December 10. Please let Anne Glenn know if you could open your home to her - for a day or two or more. Needless to say, we're trying to put together a schedule quickly.
- When you're shopping, pick up something for our annual Toys for Tots donation - unwrapped gifts can come to the holiday luncheon on December 10. Contact Jim Glass if you have questions.
- Keep promoting our Whiskey Cigar Raffle - we have one drawing left on December 21 - and we've dropped the total tickets from 300 to 150, so the odds are better! Direct buyers to whiskey-raffle.com.
- Join us next Saturday, December 4, to prep our annual books for all the students at Kingsley and Dresden Elementary ... and enjoy a bit of food and fellowship while you're there.
- Keep our social events in mind ... 1) the annual holiday luncheon on December 10 at the Dunwoody Country Club (RSVP by November 29 to firstname.lastname@example.org), 2) a special event with the Chamber of Commerce on December 2 (register at the Chamber website) and a wine fellowship gathering at the Augello's home on December 14 (register on the website calendar, the wine fellowship is open to just 20 people and there are only 12 slots left).