Join us this Friday to hear from Chris Brand, Stone Mountain Rotarian and President of FODAC (Friends of Disabled Adults and Children). We will be meeting in person at Le Meridien Atlanta Perimeter, 111 Perimeter Center West, Atlanta GA 30346, or you can join us via Zoom at https://us02web.zoom.us/j/86202979419
Chris joined Rotary in 2006 after helping the Rotary Club of Stone Mountain with several wheelchair projects in the Dominican Republic. Since then, he has served as President of the Stone Mountain Rotary Club and Chair of the DeKalb Rotary Council, and is currently serving as an Assistant Governor in District 6900.
Beyond that, Chris has partnered with Rotary in many service initiatives - most recently the distribution of PPE/masks and sanitizer distribution through all Rotary clubs of Gerogia to hospitals and other frontline workers (6900,6910,6920). He served on the District Committee for special initiatives such as disaster relief in Nepal; Haiti, Louisiana and South Carolina, and :
- International service partner with Buckhead Rotary Global Grant in Ecuador
- Rotary Club of Stone Mountain Global Grant coordinator for Liberia Project 2010-11
- Eight-year Roswell Rotary partner for its Honor Air program - as a wheelchair donor and guardian
- Co-chair of 2015-16 District event “Harlem Ambassadors” Polio fundraiser
- District Global Grants committee member for 2016-17
- Rotary/Shriner’s District Pilot Committee member 2016-17
- Rotary International Conference Host Committee for 2017
- Bahamas Disaster relief with Roswell Rotary and other clubs.
Chris was named District 6900 Rotarian of the Year in 2016-17, and received the 2015-16 District “Club Builder” award and the 2015-16 Dekalb Rotary Council “You Are the Key” award.